LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ian] The late Steve Jobs said, "We're in the era of digital video, and it's a mess." Well, you got that right, Steve. As consumers we navigate that mess using video search. As businesses our marketing depends on our ability to show up in video search results. That's what video SEO is all about. I'm Ian Lurie, and I've been a digital marketer for over 20 years. I run a digital agency, and I've recorded and helped optimize hundreds of webinars, training, marketing, and other videos. In this course, I'll show you how to make your videos the best possible targets for search engines.
We'll uncover why a video ranking can be such a great boost for your business. We'll take a look at individual ranking factors, from transcripts to tags, and how audience response can have such a profound affect on your rankings. This field is changing all the time. Search engines and video search engines adjust the algorithms they use to build their search results. I designed this course to build around the rules that don't change. Videos that are easily categorized and steadily engage their audience move up. So instead of chasing small changes and loopholes in search algorithms, you'll learn the fundamentals of good optimization.
Ultimately, you'll be able to take advantage of the easier path to high rankings that video provides. Let's get started.