Learn how to access and interpret information on the YouTube Dashboard.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like to show you…what the creator side of YouTube looks like…where, as a YouTube creator, you'll be spending a lot…of time reviewing your video statistics,…seeing how many subscribers you have,…and just analyzing the data within your YouTube channel.…So to get to the creator dashboard…from anywhere inside of YouTube,…we're going to go to the top right of our screen,…click on the profile silhouette,…and then click on Creator Studio.…As you can see, there isn't that much information…on our dashboard right now…because we haven't uploaded any videos to YouTube yet.…
In a second, I'm going to show you my personal YouTube page…so you can take a look at what it looks like…once you have videos uploaded,…you've started to gain subscribers,…and you've just got your YouTube channel rolling.…However, before I do that,…I'd like to talk about the navigation…on the left side of the screen.…You'll notice that we have a number of different links,…and we're going to become more familiar…with these links as the course goes on.…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.