Learn which statistics on YouTube are the most important to pay attention to and why.
- [Narrator] To take a look at our YouTube channel's…analytics from the Creator Studio dashboard,…we're just going to click on…the Analytics link on the left side of the page.…The screen that appears is…the Analytics Overview screen,…where we can get a bird's eye view…at some of the most important metrics…on our YouTube channel.…Right from this page, we can see how many views we've had…for the last 28 days.…I'll scroll down a little bit here…so you can see the views are over here.…We can also see how many minutes people have watched,…our total estimated earnings,…and then we can also see all of our…engagement statistics,…such as likes, dislikes, comments, and shares.…
Notice that I mentioned we're viewing data…for the last 28 days.…That's what you see by default,…but there's a drop down in the top right corner…that allows us to change our date range.…So I'll just scroll back up a little bit here,…and you can see, here's the drop down.…So instead of viewing data for just the last 28 days,…we can view data for the entire lifetime…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.