Subscriptions, comments, and ratings are strong engagement signals. The easiest way to get them is to ask your audience for them. Learn about how to utilize subscriptions, comments, and ratings to get stronger engagement.
- [Lecturer] Video search engines are obsessed…with interest, they dig into the metrics of each video…for clues regarding audience interest.…Engagement is a powerful interest signal…and comments, ratings and subscriptions…are a powerful engagement signal.…They also offer social proof to potential new viewers,…so you want to study flow of all three.…There aren't any big secrets here,…the easiest way to get all three is to just ask.…At the end of your video ask your viewers…to subscribe to your channel,…to leave a comment or give the video a thumbs up.…
If they don't like the video they're going to give you…a thumbs down whether you ask or not.…If you can, provide a kind of cue,…an arrow or an hint from the actor…pointing at the Subscribe button.…Also, respond to comments, be polite,…say thanks to a positive review, answer questions.…You can delete comments and or block commenters,…but only do that if people are being offensive,…don't delete negative comments, let the critics criticize.…Also, when it comes to comments, don't feed the trolls.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success