Even the most sophisticated search engine will still need text to accurately rank the page. Transcripts are an easy way to provide that text. Learn to create a transcript and use it to improve rankings.
- [Instructor] If you embed or place video on your own site,…even the most sophisticated search engine…will still need text to accurately rank that page.…Search engines still can't listen to a video…with sufficient accuracy to ensure correct ranking…around the right phrases.…Transcripts are an easy way to provide that text.…Transcripts and closed captioning…also help on YouTube, providing additional…information and improving engagement…from folks who need captioning.…The first rule is that transcripts should be precise.…
You don't need to include every um and uh,…but you can't add key phrases either.…Search engines do not like to be fooled.…If you try to get tricky, you'll eventually get caught.…Second rule, don't use automated transcription…and captioning.…Automated transcriptioning and captioning software…has a hard time with various accents,…speech cadence, less common words…and other inconsistencies.…It can lead to some big mistakes.…Here's the step by step process…for creating a transcript and uploading it to YouTube.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List the two factors search engines consider when generating a score.
- Determine the appropriate video hosting service for your content.
- Recall the best practices for dealing with negative comments.
- Identify the appropriate way to adjust the timing in a transcript.
- Name the primary benefit of creating an XML site map for each video page on your own site.
- Apply information gathered from video analytics to increase your mobile audience.