A great video landing page on your site can help you with video and conventional rankings. Ian Lurie discusses the importance of a landing page, and how to create one.
- [Instructor] YouTube and sites like it…let you embed a video on your own site.…Take advantage and create great video landing pages.…Now usually when I bring that up,…the first question I get is, "Why bother?…"Nobody comes to my website."…Well first, someone comes to your website.…If it's only one person a month,…and that person is close to doing whatever…it is you want them to do, like buy, read more,…subscribe to your newsletter, or something else,…a great bit of video may just push them over the edge…and get them to convert.…Second, a video page will show your video…to people who never visit YouTube.…
That will get you more video views,…and video search engines measure embedded views as well.…So a video landing page can help you…by growing viewership.…Third, you can do some wonderful things…with the transcripts from those videos.…Those things are great for video and for conventional SEO.…A transcript is a great relevant collection of words.…It's the ultimate SEO raw material.…Fourth, you can optimize the viewing experience,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List the two factors search engines consider when generating a score.
- Determine the appropriate video hosting service for your content.
- Recall the best practices for dealing with negative comments.
- Identify the appropriate way to adjust the timing in a transcript.
- Name the primary benefit of creating an XML site map for each video page on your own site.
- Apply information gathered from video analytics to increase your mobile audience.