A great video landing page on your site can help you with video and conventional rankings. Ian Lurie discusses the importance of a landing page, and how to create one.
- [Instructor] YouTube and sites like it…let you embed a video on your own site.…Take advantage and create great video landing pages.…Now usually when I bring that up,…the first question I get is, "Why bother?…"Nobody comes to my website."…Well first, someone comes to your website.…If it's only one person a month,…and that person is close to doing whatever…it is you want them to do, like buy, read more,…subscribe to your newsletter, or something else,…a great bit of video may just push them over the edge…and get them to convert.…Second, a video page will show your video…to people who never visit YouTube.…
That will get you more video views,…and video search engines measure embedded views as well.…So a video landing page can help you…by growing viewership.…Third, you can do some wonderful things…with the transcripts from those videos.…Those things are great for video and for conventional SEO.…A transcript is a great relevant collection of words.…It's the ultimate SEO raw material.…Fourth, you can optimize the viewing experience,…
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success