Done right, a playlist can improve both engagement and relevance. Learn how to create playlists to drive views, connect related videos, and improve rankings.
- [Instructor] Playlists are collections of videos…grouped by subject, some attribute,…or just about anything else that the viewer uses…to organize videos they want to watch.…Done right, a playlist can improve both…engagement and relevance, so you can create…and optimize playlists to help the videos…within them rank better.…Playlists improve video rankings…because they improve overall viewership,…and because they create shared ranking signals…around that viewership.…That can happen because playlists drive…secondary ranking signals, increasing engagement,…and because YouTube tracks playlists' performance,…and uses it to boost all videos on that list.…
YouTube automatically queues up videos in a playlist.…That makes it far more likely that the next video…a viewer watches is yours, not someone else's.…YouTube looks at the aggregate viewership…of all videos in a playlist.…The two videos in this list got 31…and 35 views respectively, so the list shows 66 total.…The point, YouTube is thinking about…these numbers in aggregate, so if you have a playlist…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List the two factors search engines consider when generating a score.
- Determine the appropriate video hosting service for your content.
- Recall the best practices for dealing with negative comments.
- Identify the appropriate way to adjust the timing in a transcript.
- Name the primary benefit of creating an XML site map for each video page on your own site.
- Apply information gathered from video analytics to increase your mobile audience.