YouTube shows channels in the rankings, and your channel is your brand's home. Learn how to optimize your channel to rank, and to optimize your channel for your audience.
- [Instructor] Every YouTube account gets a channel page.…It's your brand's home on YouTube,…and it can have a serious impact on video SEO.…Channel pages can appear in a video search result…like JoeJoe here.…That can generate views for every video you have,…boosting ranking for all of them,…so the channel page is a big deal.…You must optimize it for your single…biggest broadest key phrase.…Here are four particularly important…channel page ranking factors.…Video upload frequently, video upload recency,…channel subscribers, and aggregate video channel views.…
Here's a closer look.…Video upload frequency, the more frequently…you upload new videos, the more relevance…and importance YouTube will attribute…to videos within that channel.…This is in the context of those videos' reviews,…viewership, and other factors of course.…Video upload recency.…Videos on a channel where the last video upload…was over a year ago will have a harder time…ranking as well as videos on a channel…where the last upload was an hour ago.…Channel subscribers.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is video SEO?
- Debunking video-ranking myths
- Picking a video hosting service
- Researching topics and keywords
- Writing a great title and descriptions
- Getting viewers to subscribe and comment
- Using social media to announce videos
- Creating an optimized playlist and channel
- Analyzing your success