Learn the requirements and steps necessary to apply to the YouTube Partner Program.
- [Instructor] If you're using YouTube for monetization,…as some point you're going to want to apply…to the YouTube Partner Program.…The YouTube Partner Program is what allows you…to monetize your YouTube channel…and have advertisers display advertisements…in front of your videos.…Now, there are some requirements that you need to meet…in order to apply for this program.…First of all, you need to be…in one of the eligible countries.…And YouTube has a list of all of the eligible countries.…You could go to the URL that's in my address bar right now,…or you could just Google…YouTube Partner Program availability,…and this link should pop up.…
And you can see all of the countries…that are eligible to join the YouTube Partner Program.…It's quite a long list.…So you want to make sure…that you're in one of those countries.…Now, additionally, as of January 2018,…there are some more requirements that you need to meet…in order to join the Partner Program,…and they are that your channel must…have received 4,000 hours of watch time…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.