Learn other monetization options outside of those provided by the YouTube platform.
- [Instructor] If you're using YouTube monetization,…it's important to understand that there are…other options for generating revenue from your videos,…than just using the YouTube Partner Program.…Some of the different options available to you are,…first of all, sponsorships.…Depending on the type of content that you're producing…and the topic of your content,…there may be companies out there…that would pay for a quick shout-out during your videos.…So if we're uploading videos about baking,…there may be a kitchen supply company…that would be open to forming a partnership,…or paying for a sponsorship.…
You can have paid sponsorships in your videos…and still display ads from the YouTube Partner Program.…Another monetization option is sponsored links.…So you might not even mention…a company, product, or service within your video,…but in the description of your video on YouTube,…companies will pay to have a link…to their product or service in there.…Obviously, you want to be careful with this,…you don't want to spam your users,…
First, learn how to create a channel and attract subscribers. Then find out how to brand your YouTube page, create engaging playlists, and customize content to draw in more viewers. Discover tried-and-true SEO techniques to optimize videos for search engines, and find out how to join the Partner Program, which earns you money by allowing advertisers to display ads on your videos. Finally, Anson shows how to use YouTube Analytics, explaining which statistics to focus on in order to better guide your content strategy.
- Explain the importance of obtaining subscribers when using YouTube for marketing or monetizing.
- Describe what information can be accessed via the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard.
- Assess the pros and cons of creating playlists on a YouTube channel.
- Name the program YouTube creators can use to monetize their videos.
- Summarize three methods in which creators might convince users to subscribe to their channel.
- Compare and contrast the pros and cons of high search volume keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Explain how to use YouTube Analytics to evaluate which of your videos are most successful.