Learn what is and what is not important when it comes to marketing your local business.
- Before we dive into some of the tactics of local marketing, let's talk a little bit about the current state of local marketing by diving into a few of the things that have changed. Did you know that 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information. 97% searched online to find a local business.
50%s of people who conducted mobiles searches for a local business will visit the store within one day. And 70% of customers visit a store based on information that they find online. And finally, 56% of local stores are yet to claim their local listing on Google. It's free to list your business in either Bing or Google My Business. Local marketing online is the biggest battle ground going right now because buyer behavior has changed so dramatically that getting found online is now the most important element of marketing.
Sure you've got to have the goods. I mean you have to provide great service and have great processes in order to keep those customers and turn them into raving fans. But if you don't get found, you'll never get the chance. Let's dive into the specific elements of local marketing that you need to master.
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally