Explore the basic setup of a Google My Business page.
- One of the fundamental elements … of local marketing is your Google My Business page. … Let's face it, in the local marketing world, … we're all living in a Google-verse. … First thing you have to do is you have … to find and claim your Google My Business profile. … Now maybe you set yours up and you know … that's there, but maybe you don't … know anything about this topic. … What I want you to do is turn to a search engine … and type in the name of your business, … the city and the state. … This is going to turn up your Google My Business profile, … and it's likely, even if you didn't put … it there, that it exists because Google … wants to aggregate all of the local businesses … into their directory. … So did you find it, is it you? … Now, if you see that there's a little tag down … there that says, is this your business, … then that means it hasn't been claimed. … And so you're going to want to do that. … Now, the first place you want to visit … is business.google.com. … This is the home of Google My Business, …
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally