Learn how to maximize the impact of reviews and popular review sites.
- A recent survey by BrightLocal said … that 93% of local consumers use reviews … to determine if a local business is good or bad. … Think about your own buying behavior. … We all do it today, we check those reviews … no matter what the business or industry. … And if a business is, say, under three stars, … we're probably not even going to look at that business. … So you have to take charge of your reviews … and of the platforms where people leave those reviews today. … So platforms like Yelp and Facebook, … and under Google My Business profile, … those are places where people leave reviews … and you need to get in the game … of stimulating those reviews, … getting your happy customers to leave those reviews … because it's an unfortunate fact of life … that a lot of times, people who maybe … didn't have a great experience with your business … are going to be more incentivized … to leave that bad review. … Now reviews are also a ranking factor. … Google looks at the volume of reviews …
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally