Learn how to market a business to local customers using Google, Yelp, Facebook, and other local marketing tools and best practices.
- Buyers search online these days for everything they intend to purchase, even if that purchase eventually happens right around the corner. That's right. Marketing online to attract that local customer is more important than ever, no matter the industry. Research suggests that 94% of local buyers start their search online. So, what does that suggest to you? As a local business, that means you need to work hard to show up in places that today's local shopper goes looking before they make a purchase. Or, to a growing extent, your business barely exists.
You know that old adage location, location, location? Well, it's still true. It's just that the most important location might be your place in the Google Maps on your potential customer's mobile device. In this course, I'm going to teach you the most important elements of local marketing today, and how you can literally put your business on the map, and along the journey, your customer takes to find the products and services they need. We'll cover the why and the how of each and every step.
So, let's dive in.
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally