Yelp in the USA is a major social network. People trust people who have tastes similar to them, and this community is thriving in many States across the USA. This video explains how even if you are not using the network yourself, you want to pay attention, especially if you are in the hospitality industry. Yelp reviews matter.
- [Voiceover] I spent the last five years…living for long periods of time in the USA…and have spent weeks researching…by walking the streets…and talking with local business owners.…What I've found is that even with the rise of Google…and the reach of Facebook,…it is Yelp that is still a major social network…that can't be ignored.…People trust people who have similar tastes to themselves…and you find there's a community of people…who are engaged in supporting and helping each other…to find, for instance, the best places to eat.…Sometimes, if you look for something like sushi,…you find there are hundreds and hundreds…of reviews on those places.…
So, if you're in hospitality in particular,…you want to make sure that your Yelp listing…has some attention.…Not only when people go to the website,…but also many people have the app on the phone,…and that's where your Yelp listing can also appear.…It's not just on Yelp itself.…The listings do show up in Google Search…in organic positions, as you can see.…So, Yelp is an ecosystem…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.