Fake reviews, are one of the biggest issues for businesses. However there are ways for you to do with this problem if it does arise. This video shows you the mechanisms by with you can report a fake review across Yelp or Google, and a similar process can be applied to many other review sites.
- [Voiceover] There's a big difference between…reviews that you don't like, usually called bad reviews,…and reviews that are faked.…What you'll find with fake reviews…is that they can be flagged, and they can be flagged…sometimes prior to you even seeing them.…One of the most common situations…that happens in relation to fake reviews,…is a business getting hit by its competitors…on a particular site.…This can be very upsetting, because you know…that the customer didn't receive your product…or service, and yet they left a review.…The first thing to do is to stay calm.…Sometimes the review sites have algorithms…that will recognize fake reviews,…but other times you can step in,…or other people can step in, and you can flag them.…
And very often, you'll see this same little flag…that will appear, as you can see on Yelp,…where you can report the review,…and this will appear on different sites.…The same principle is on Google.…Now once you've clicked on the little flag,…it will take you through to a page,…and even though it's usually very hard to connect…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.