Martin Shervington has worked as a consultant for local businesses, and knows the importance of people getting the review management off the ground. As soon as you have 5 Google reviews, your stars can appear alongside your listing in Search. This is a motivational first step on the achievement ladder for many businesses.
- [Voiceover] One of my favorite milestones…for a local business is when they have…the stars appear in their Google listing.…This really can make a person feel…they're taking off in the review space.…What I mean is, as soon as you have…five Google reviews, your stars can appear…alongside your listing in Google search.…So you want to go and get five reviews…on your Google listing.…To do this, let people know you already…have a listing, and do remember, you cannot…incentivize anybody.…When a business owner sees their stars in search,…they're often very pleased, especially compared…to a competitor that hasn't got them yet.…
But also know that on the right hand side,…where you'll see your Google AdWords results…if you're advertising, you can also have the…stars appear, and again, this makes a huge…difference to driving people's behavior,…where they choose your ad over a competitor's.…Many of us know that Google reviews are on the rise,…and Google has a huge mobile platform…in the form of Android.…If you're using an Android device, you may…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.