Customer service is now an essential component to business success on and offline. Business consultant Martin Shervington says that you should look to employ people who have the attitude that they are self employed. They will serve the best. It doesn’t matter how good YOU are as an owner if your customer facing staff give poor service.
- Have you ever been served by somebody at a business…that totally influences how you perceive that business?…My guess is that you probably have.…One of the most important factors in getting good reviews…is employing good people…as well as having good products and services.…It doesn't matter how good you are as an owner…if your customer-facing staff give rubbish service.…When you employ people who have the right attitude…they are self employed in their minds.…And they will serve the best.…In the 1980's in the UK,…it used to be a joke about our customer service,…and Basil Fawlty, from the comedy show Fawlty Towers,…even once said:…As if it's such a rarity.…
But it's not the 1980's anymore.…And the web has increased transparency.…And reviews and ratings…are one way of reflecting people's experience.…We need to help our staff to give their absolute best.…Why?…Well:…We know this.…People will tell their friends…when they have a good experience.…And also when they don't.…
So in a way,…forget about reviews and think customer service,…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.