From six months of research in California, Local Business Consultant Martin Shervington reveals in this video the one key component in getting more reviews for most businesses. It is people, but giving them something that makes it easy to give you reviews. Such as creating business cards that can be handed out with the reviews on information just a click away.
- [Voiceover] From my research,…I've discovered that it's really the personal touch…that makes all the difference when it comes…to getting reviews for most businesses.…By creating review cards to hand out to people,…you can take control and not just leave reviews to chance.…Now, these review cards are part of a system I put together,…having spent three months working in Burlingame…and San Mateo in California on this whole review space.…So, alongside technology, we came up…with the very simple approach of asking for reviews…and if you give somebody something…they can take away, like the card,…later on it will be a reminder that you love reviews…and it then creates a bridge between…the experience they had…and the connection to leave you a review.…
Quality really matters though,…so I tried many different versions of the review cards…and very simple things such as having thicker paper,…and better quality images seems to make…a big difference to people's emotional response.…So, the idea is why not look to create something…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.