Learn about the value of building content that connects with community events and organizations.
- You know, all of this online stuff … for building your local business is great, … but in the end you also want to get referrals. … You want to have people taking … about what a great community player you are. … So invest some of your marketing … in becoming a community resource. … Think about creating a directory of events … and happening that maybe are related to your industry. … Maybe they're not. … Maybe they're just related to the neighborhood … or what's going around your business. … You can become a resource. … You can become useful in many ways beyond … what you actually sell, … and that's who we want to do business with. … We want to do business with people that are committed, … invested in our local community. … Think about adding a strategic partner … or friends of kind of section … where there are other businesses, perhaps, … that you love doing business with, you love recommending. … Point them out on your site. … That will be a useful resource, … and let's face it, those folks will love you for doing it. …
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally