You may not be using a particular review site. But that doesn’t mean that potential customers aren’t judging you on it! Unkept listings can damage your reputation. This video will take you through the process of considering which sites you want to be on, claiming the listings and managing you're online review presence. It is a great opportunity for you to have more attention, and increase the number of online conversations about your business.
- [Voiceover] In my travels I've had hundreds…of conversations with business owners.…There seems to be a disconnect…between business actions online and offline,…for so many people, including staff and managers.…For you right now, watching and listening to this,…you have an opportunity to leap ahead…of the competition by understanding…it is all about online conversations,…reflecting peoples experience of your business.…You may not be using a particular review site,…but that doesn't mean that potential customers…aren't judging you on it.…
Unkempt listings can damage your reputation.…Now is the time to claim your listings,…give people the ability to share their opinions,…which in turn will give you the opportunity…to engage with them.…In order to make this work really well…for your business,…you probably want to look at the four or five,…maybe six of the main sites,…and making sure that you have a presence,…and that you're building that up.…If you're a local business,…search to see if you already have a Google listing…
- Explain how to find review sites for your business.
- Name the benefits of setting up a Facebook local page.
- Cite the importance of hiring good people to improve customer service.
- Recognize why it’s important to give staff feedback and set goals.
- Describe ways to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- Identify ways to build relationships with your customers through review site interactions.
- Recall the best way to respond to negative reviews.