Learn how to take full advantage of your community support efforts.
- One of the great things about being a local business … is that you can embed your business in the community. … You can support causes that you believe in. … It's a great thing to do, of course, … but it's also a nice, kind of, marketing thing. … Think about the ways in which you can find … a cause that you want to support. … Find one or two events that you can do with them … and go big, be a partner with them. … Don't just write a check. … Really get into their business. … Figure out how your employees could be engaged, … how their employees could be engaged. … Think about creating tie in promotions … where X percent of say, … this month or this holiday's sales goes to their partner … and promote the heck out of that partner. … Think about creating your own non-profit opportunity. … We have a client that's a remodeling contractor … that created something that they call The Big Splash. … Now, they remodel homes. … They remodel bathrooms and kitchens and so … they went out and reached out and said, …
- Setting up a Google My Business profile
- Adding your listing to directories like Yelp and Facebook
- Creating services pages and community content
- Funding local marketing partners
- Reaching out to local media
- Advertising locally