Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Yammer groups: The basics, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The left sidebar is our universal groups.…These are groups within Landon Hotel…that I am a member of.…Everyone's a member of All Company,…but then Technology, IT Support, and so on.…I can click this link to see more groups…within landonhotel.com.…I can use the Search box to search, as we know,…not just for conversations and people, but for groups,…if I want to know if there's a group for Sales,…I simply start typing Sales, and certainly there is.…
We then have information about how we would…add external groups to collaborate with customers…or vendors, folks from other companies,…who are external to our Yammer network.…I have a link to create a new group,…which we'll do later in the course.…And then I have the ability to discover more groups.…Suggested groups, this link is actually…the same as this link.…All this access to groups, but what exactly is a group?…Groups are the backbone of Yammer,…because groups allow us to organize the conversations…that we're having and the artifacts of those conversations…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.