Create ad hoc groups to address an opportunity. Coauthor and collaborate on documents using Office Online. Add external partners to a conversation or create external groups for long-term collaboration. Use Yammer like Skype to chat with colleagues, and see which of your team members are online. Yammer search results are personalized based on your connections and history. The Discovery Feed, also based on Office Graph, keeps you in the loop with relevant organizational info.
- [Voiceover] Yammer is a social networking tool…for the enterprise,…which was developed independently by Yammer,…and purchased by Microsoft.…Yammer is now integrated with Office 365…with even greater integration points coming…in the next year.…Here are some examples of what you can do with Yammer,…which is perhaps the easiest way to think about…what Yammer is.…Yammer lets you tap the expertise…in and around your organization…so that you can Crowdsource…your most challenging opportunities.…With Yammer, you don't need to know which specific person…has knowledge about the topic,…because when you ask your questions with Yammer…anyone can provide an answer,…and sometimes the best answer comes from the least expected…corner of your organization.…
The default in Yammer is that…all Yammer conversations are public.…This means that our work is visible and transparent,…which allows our organization's teams…to learn faster together.…Yammer lowers barriers to collaboration,…whether we are reaching past our traditional silos,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.