Learn how Yammer works. Find out how to join the conversation or create a new Yammer network at your organization.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gini von Courter. Welcome to Yammer essential training. In this course I'll show you how to use Yammer, Microsoft's social networking tool for business and education. I'll demonstrate how you can join your organization's Yammer network, or how to create a new network if your organization doesn't yet have one. I'll show you how to use Yammer to communicate and to collaborate in real time by sharing and editing files with your colleagues. You'll see how to create groups based on projects or interests, how to extend those groups to external partners, and how to administer the Yammer groups that you create.
I'm eager to show you how you can use Yammer to benefit your team and your organization. Let's get started.
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.