Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View notifications, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Most of us don't have jobs…that allow us to sit full-time and read…every single post that appears in Yammer.…How do we know what we should focus on.…Well Yammer has two different notification systems…to let us know what activity we might be interested in.…The first are notifications about our inbox…and if you look at the Inbox icon,…you'll notice a little number 5 there…with a red circle around it.…That means that I have five notifications in my Inbox…that I have not yet read.…
Next to it, we have another type of notification…and the icon for this is not an envelop, it's a bell.…These notifications serve a slightly different purpose.…Let me explain the difference…between the two types of notifications.…In your Inbox, you will receive notifications…that let you know that there is activity…about things that you care about…or would probably choose to care about.…First, if you are foll0owing a conversation thread…and someone else posts something new in that thread,…then you'll be notified.…
And that notification will appear…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.