Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View and join a group, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] As soon as you login to Yammer…you are a member of at least one group,…and that's the All Company group,…the container that holds everyone in your Yammer network.…If I'm looking at my home feed it may seem like…I'm in the All Company group,…but I'm really not.…I can still click All Company and see the number…of total members in the company,…and notice that I have conversations,…unread conversations, files, and notes…just as I would in any other group.…
I can tell that I have All Company selected…from the logo at the top of the page,…but also because in the bottom left-hand side…All Company is highlighted.…Because I'm an admin, I can click in the info section…and edit it to provide additional information…about the all company group.…If I click on a different group, for example,…Information Technology, North America,…there's a place where I can add a description,…because again I am an administrator.…
I can add information and so on.…So, to view a group, very easily simply click on it…if you can see it,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.