Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use your home feed, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In the activity feed on my home page,…there are three different views that are available.…The default view is all, and each time I load Yammer…and go to my homepage, this is what I see.…All is showing me all of the…public messages in my entire network.…Whether they are associated with a group…that I am working with or a member of, or not.…So, as Yammer is used more and more in your organization,…this feed will have more and more messages,…more and more people in it.…My second choice is discovery.…
If I click discovery, what I'm seeing is new content…from the network, that has been curated for me.…Based on an algorithm that takes a look at my activity…and my profiles and other information in office graph,…and says, here are things that we think…you would most like to look at.…The more you use Yammer, the smarter Yammer gets…at curating content for you in the discovery feed.…Finally, I have following.…
And in the next movie, I'll show you how to follow someone.…I'm already following Tammy Marley-Cox,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.