Most Yammer shortcuts are specific to a context, but a few are used anywhere. To see the list of keyboard shortcuts, if nothing is selected type a question mark. To search, type a slash (/) symbol. For site navigation short uts: G H, to go home; G I, to go to inbox; and G C, to go to all company. Press Esc to clear the shortcuts dialog.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] If you like shortcut keys,…this is your very special movie.…Yammer has a lot of built-in shortcuts.…Many of them are specific to a context,…but some are site-wide.…For example, if I'm anywhere in Yammer…and wish to see that list of keyboard shortcuts,…I can simply type a question mark,…and here it comes, and it usually…fills the width of the page.…Notice that Search is a slash,…Keyboard Shortcut's a question mark,…Navigate Up, Navigate Down, Refresh a Feed,…Compose a Message, and so on.…
The ones I use the most are really Search,…Keyboard Shortcuts, and Site Navigation.…Site Navigation is Go Home, GH,…Go To Inbox, GI, All Company, GC,…Open Notifications, GN.…So from here, if I wish to go Home, simply GH,…back to the Inbox, GI.…All Company, GC.…Back Home, GH.…And Search, just a slash automatically positions me here…in the search box on this page in the upper lefthand corner.…
You don't have to memorize any of these.…If you like shortcuts, the most important thing…to remember is that with nothing selected,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.