Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up a new Yammer network, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] All you need to set up a Yammer account…is an email address that is a work address.…It can't be Gmail, or a live.com,…or Hotmail, or aol.com.…It needs to be some kind of a company address.…We're going to go to Yammer.…And notice, we haven't seen this before…because when I was logged into Office 365…and I went to Yammer, I got taken right to Yammer,…into my own Yammer homepage.…But I'm not logged in right now to Office 365,…and so I have the opportunity…to create a Yammer network for my organization.…
If I enter an email address…that uses a domain that already exists,…I'll actually be prompted to join an existing network.…In other words, if my organization, Triad Consulting,…already has a Yammer network in Europe,…and I try to create a Yammer network…using that exact domain,…then I'll actually be forced to join…the network that already exists.…We can't have two different Yammer networks that utilize…the same email domain.…
But I'm going to enter a email address.…Says SIGN UP FREE.…Go ahead.…Says Thanks! Check your email to complete registration…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.