Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set notification options, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] This isn't Yammer, this is Outlook,…and I am here visiting my inbox.…I have messages coming in from Yammer even on the weekend.…I have many ways that I can get information…in Yammer and from Yammer.…If I have desktop alert set,…they can be sent to me as messages in my inBox.…I want to manage what is being sent to me in Outlook…and what I'm going to see when I'm working in Yammer.…And to do that, I'm going to modify my notifications,…not here but in Yammer.…
Notifications are part of your settings.…Click Edit Settings.…Click Edit Settings again, and here in your profile,…where we were in the last movie, are notifications.…If you have more than one network,…you'll need to select a network.…I actually didn't need to.…It prompted me to choose, but there was only one network,…but you can legitimately belong…to more than one network in Yammer.…And let's look at these notification options.…The first is to receive a digestive message activity.…
In other words, at the end of the day,…at the end of the week,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.