Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set Online Now options, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Every Yammer feature appears to have settings,…and Online Now is no different.…If I click Online Now, it has a Settings button.…One settings is the setting that determines…whether or not there will be an audible sound…when someone pops up in Online Now…and wishes to start a chat with you.…So it would catch your attention.…If you turn that off, there won't be,…and if you turn it on, there will be.…So if I go to Sounds right now, I can turn this on or off.…Now the second choice is, you can say,…I don't want to participate in Chat.…
I don't want to see messages.…If someone wants to send me something,…then I would like this to go to my Inbox.…I don't want to chat in this fashion.…So if someone sends me a private message…through Online Now, I will go find it in my Inbox,…and you do that by choosing Hide Messages.…It says Conversation windows are now hidden.…New messages will appear only in your Inbox.…If I was not on my desktop, if I were on my iPhone,…or on a Droid, I wouldn't have seen this at all.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.