Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Send a private message, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] All the while we've been in Yammer…there's this wonderful little black box in the…lower right-hand corner that says Online Now,…and you click, and it's a list of people,…and some of them show as online now.…Tammy Marley-Cox is available,…Victor Embargeilo is available.…No one else is right now.…I can search for other people.…This list will have up to eight people on it,…and I don't get to choose the order they're in,…I don't get to choose who they are.…They are selected for me by Yammer…based on my contacts, but I can search for anyone else…simply by entering their information,…but this isn't simply a people finder,…this is actually a chat feature…just as you would see in an application like Facebook.…
Notice that if I point I can follow…Tammy Marley-Cox, and I can send her a message,…but if I click, it will open a chat window with Tammy.…She's online right now.…I can tell because I have that nice green presence button…that shows me that she's available.…I'm gonna say, "Hey Tammy."…I know her actually.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.