Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Search your inbox, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] One of the mantras for using Yammer…is to search first.…Before I post something and start a new conversation,…it makes sense to see if that conversation already exists,…and so I'll search first.…We'll be creating groups later in this course,…and if I wanted to create, for example,…a group for kite flyers,…it would be good for me to know that there wasn't already…an existing group,…so I would search first.…It's very easy to search.…Search everywhere, here on my homepage…I click on the search box and enter a search term.…
When I do that, and press enter,…Yammer will search for people, for groups,…and for conversations.…For example, If I enter the word new,…and press enter,…two conversations and one user,…and notice that the word is highlighted.…If I go to the user I'll find that that's me,…and if I click my name,…and we look at my profile,…we'll find that somewhere in my profile…I have the word new right here,…new recruit, just like that.…
If I want to search for something specific, like Ignite,…I have one conversation and one topic.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.