Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Preview a file, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] To display a preview of the file,…simply go to the file, point to the box…that contains the file.…Here in the conversation, click Go To File,…and we will see this file in the files for its group.…Nice preview.…This is an Excel file, so we're seeing a preview…being presented in Excel Online.…Looks pretty good, huh?…I like that.…I can't edit this file right here.…We'll get to that in the next movie,…but I have the tools to edit the file right there.…
Let's go back home.…That was an Excel document.…What happens when we choose to view an image.…Notice that when I point, I don't have Go To right here;…I only have Share, because it's an image.…But when I click, I can go to this file as well.…Because I posted this, I can edit the description,…and I can't edit because I don't have an editing tool…for an image here, but I could upload…a new version, for example.…If I go to my Files page, and I'd like to look…at Event by Location 2015, and I click,…it will load the preview page in the same way it did…when I clicked on Go To File from the conversation.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.