Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Post a message, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] It's wicked easy to post a message in Yammer.…Simply use the update area, click,…and enter your information.…So, I have a post, I want to know if anyone from Landon…attended Ignite last year, if so who,…and who's interesting in attending…Microsoft Ignite this year.…Now, notice right now it's going to the whole company,…I don't want that,…I actually would like this to go to IT North America.…I could also send it to other people.…For example, I might send something to Jonathan,…who I report to,…so that he knows that I'm asking,…and he's not a member of the information technology…North America group,…so I'd have to call him out separately.…
Notice, I can also add topics.…Now, I wish at this point that I could pull down…a list of all topics.…I can hit the tab key, anything I want,…and it won't pull down that list for me,…and there really isn't anyone who's going to…curate that list,…so the danger, the possibility here…is that I will add a topic that already exists.…Remember, I can see topics by going to the topics list…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.