Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Pin group content, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] When you initially set up a group,…you may have files or links that you want…everyone in the group to have access to,…and please please please don't fall back…on email to provide this information.…Don't even post that information in the group…as you normally would instead,…if you have items that everyone in the group should read,…for a start up in particular,…add them to your pinned list over here…on the right hand side.…The pinned area allows us to include…files, notes, and links that we want every single member…of our group to access.…
If you have a wealth of files…you want people to review,…you may be simply be loading them on your files page,…but even there, you may have a few…that you want to make sure that you pin,…so after you've loaded them,…return and pin those particular links…here in the pinned area.…Let's start by pinning a URL in our Agile support group.…Click add, and this is going to be a link,…and the link I want to add is an ad for Agile…on Wikipedia, so I've opened a new tab,…I have a URL for that just so you can see what it is,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.