Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Mention a person in a post, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If you'd like to loop someone…into a conversation in Yammer,…the easiest way to do that is to mention them.…We have a new IT Support Group,…and I want to make sure that Victor and Tammy…both know that this exists.…I didn't create this post.…It was created automatically by Yammer…when I created the IT Support Group.…But I could either share it and send it to the two of them…or I could write a reply and say, for example,…@Victor, notice, just the V;…he's the only V we have, and if I backspace,…it doesn't just get rid of his last name.…
This is a way in which this works different than Facebook,…for example, might, but Victor and Tammy.…Now notice that when I start typing,…her name just comes up.…I don't have to type the @ mention sign…if I'm using somebody's name, but it works either way.…So notice, either @Tammy, and then it comes up very quickly.…So notice that as I start typing,…because I have her name in uppercase,…it will grab her, but if I want to make sure…that it's going to hit that address book for me,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.