In the Notes tab for a group, open the menu for a note to preview, download, share, follow/unfollow, or delete the note. On the group's Files tab or in your Files page for all groups, open the menu to select preview, edit, download, share, follow/unfollow, or delete. A group admin can Goto a file to mark it as official and lock it from editing.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have all of this content…in Files, and Notes, let's take a look…at how we would manage it.…I'm still in the IT Support group…and I'm looking at my one file.…One is good enough because it will…allow us to view the menu of actions…that I can take on this file.…I can preview or edit it.…We already know how to do that.…I uploaded it, so I can unfollow it…if I don't wish to be apprised of changes in it,…but if I didn't upload it, I could choose to follow it.…
I can share this file,…by sending it via a private message,…or posting it in another group.…As we saw previously, this is the same…share functionality that we're used to.…I can download this file, and if this file…is no longer needed, I can delete this file.…If we take a look at Notes, very similar.…Here's our demo note.…I can preview it, I can't edit from here,…but I can open it and then edit it.…I can follow or unfollow, Share, or Delete,…and we don't need this, it's a demo.…
I am in fact going to delete it.…The reason I want to do this is…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.