Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Join an existing network, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Earlier this year, Microsoft made Yammer…available for all tenants, in other words,…anyone who had access to Office 365.…That doesn't necessarily mean that because you have…Office 365, you have Yammer because there's one more step,…which is your organization has to assign you…a license for Yammer.…But assuming that you have access to Office 365…and you have access to Yammer, this is how you start Yammer.…Any place you're in Office 365, SharePoint…or anywhere else, simply click the waffle, click Yammer…and you will end up in Yammer, just like that.…
Welcome to the Landon Hotel Yammer Network.…Looks good.…Now, what if you weren't logged in?…I'm gonna close my browser window and opening it up again.…Here we go and let's go to Yammer.com.…Notice I'm being prompted to log into my account…because because I've logged in previously.…If I hadn't previously been logged in,…I would still have the opportunity to log in…by simply going www.Yammer.com.…
There's a link that I can click and you'll see that…in the next movie.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.