Yammer is an evolving product. View a schedule of features that will be added to Yammer (and other Office products), and review recently released features, on the Office Roadmap. Search for Office 365 Roadmap in Bing or Google to locate the Roadmap. Products are tested with a subset of Yammer users. This Yammer course was recorded at a particular point in time by a specific user. Consult the Roadmap for changes since this course was recorded.
- [Voiceover] Yammer lives in the Cloud.…It's a web-based product, and all web-based products…bring something distinct to the software world,…something different than what you may be used to…if you've been installing Office 2016 on your computer…or installing other software on your desktop…or laptop or even your mobile device.…With Cloud-based products, we have new products available…all the time, whether we know it or not,…and even whether we like it or not.…But with Yammer, most of the time I like it for a reason,…and I'll talk about that reason in a moment.…
You see, each time I open up Yammer, each time I log in,…I might have a slightly different set of features.…When a feature is removed or replaced with something else,…I don't get to keep the old version of the software…like I might have if I had installed it on my machine.…So for example, if one of the icons on my screen changes,…I don't get to have a choice about that.…I can't roll back to the unchanged icon.…Each time I log in, I'm getting whatever…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.