Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Follow up on a conversation, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes there's a conversation…that appears in All.…It's not a group I'm a member of,…doesn't show up in terms of anything that I'm following,…and I don't necessarily want to join the group,…but I do want to follow that conversation,…at least for a while I'd like to keep track of it.…And an example of that is a conversation…that's been going on around flagship events…that ultimately resulted in the creation of a group.…So if I find that particular post right here…and I would like to follow this conversation…going forward as more people add information to the post,…all I need to do is click…and choose to Follow this in my Inbox.…
And I will then see new replies to this conversation,…this thread, in my Inbox.…Now another possibility is to say I'd like join the group,…but that's not quite what I want to do.…I don't want to be engaged in this group's conversation,…I'd like to hang around on the peripheral of the group…and see if there are going to be some needs for IT…that I should be aware of…that I might notice before…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.