Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Follow people and topics, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] When you follow someone on Yammer,…messages that they create…will show up in your feed.…That's what you're asking for.…You can search for people over here by name.…So, if I'm searching for example for Steve,…there's Steve, our sales director.…I can click on him,…and then, follow him.…This probably feels pretty familiar.…If I return to Steve later on in my home feed,…and I want to see who I'm following.…Go look at Steve.…
This says you're already following him,…but if I point to the Following button,…this is where I can choose to unfollow Steve.…But, I'm going to keep following him for right now,…and that means that posts that Steve creates…are going to show up here in my feed,…and will be easy for me to find.…However you find someone…that you wish to follow.…Perhaps they show up in your feed.…You say, "Oh, I'd like to follow Harold."…Click and follow,…or if you wish,…simply point to Harold,…and notice a follow button right here,…so that I can now receive any posts…that Harold creates.…
I can also unfollow Harold right here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.