The image in your Yammer profile helps colleagues "put a name with a face"; use your own image, not an image of your pet or a beautiful sunset. Fill in your current information as soon as possible. You can return later to complete your history of prior employment and education. The information in your profile is useful to colleagues, but also used by Yammer to personalize your Yammer experience.
- [Voiceover] In the Suggested People area…in the lower right-hand corner of the screen,…you'll see that folks like Jennifer and Steve…have actual pictures of their faces,…which is kind of cool.…If I run into them at a meeting, I'll know who they are.…I, on the other hand, do not have a picture.…You'll see my profile in the lower left-hand corner…of the screen, where it simply has my name,…landonhotel.com, a place where a picture could appear,…had I put one there,…and a gear, or settings button,…that we're going to click in a moment.…
Your Yammer profile serves different audiences…for different purposes.…Let's talk a little bit about…what should be in your profile.…The first thing is an image…because that lets people who you have seen at meetings,…or who are looking for you, in some kind…of a work setting, know what you look like.…Therefore, this should be your picture.…Not the picture of a dog,…not a picture of a beautiful sunset.…You'll also be providing other information…in your profile as well as an image.…Information about what you do in the work environment,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.