Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit a note, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Long before we had Office Online…to co-author in Yammer, we had notes,…and notes were created for collaboration.…Up to a dozen team members can edit a note at one time.…Let's imagine, for example,…that you're taking notes at a meeting.…That responsibility no longer…needs to fall to just one person.…One person can start the note,…and other people can edit and take their own notes…that are then shared with the entire group.…Let's see how notes work.…I have this list of potential training topics…for Landon North America staff, I want to edit this note,…and let's imagine that we're working together.…
I'm going to add one of my training topics,…which is Agile Development for some of our newer developers,…and Tammy Marley-Cox shouts out,…let's add a couple of items, and I say,…wait a second, I can let you add those items.…We'll just add Tammy, send her an invitation,…it says it was sent successfully,…and in a moment she can begin adding her own items.…Here she is, currently editing.…That's not me, look ma, no hands.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.