Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit an Office document, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The ability to edit Office documents…in Yammer is a relatively new feature,…and it relies on Office Online.…So that means that if you upload a file,…and you want to be able to edit it,…it needs to be editable with Office Online.…Let's take a look at those file types.…Office Online allows me to view a wider range…of file types than I can edit.…Here are the types that we can view.…For Word, I can edit documents that were created…in newer versions of Word, docx documents.…
Also docm documents, that would be…docx documents that have macros.…odt file extensions, there's our open document,…text document, like a Google Doc.…I can also view compatible documents that were created…that can be opened in Word 2000 or Word 1997,…templates created for the older version…and templates created in the new version.…It can view all of those.…I can also view all of these types of PowerPoint files.…Presentations, presentations with macros,…open documents, templates, templates with macros,…PowerPoint shows, and compatible…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.