Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Download the Windows Desktop Notifier, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] We've modified the notifications…that are coming from Yammer to Outlook,…but if I don't intend to be running Yammer all the time…I'm at my desk, I might want to have…another way to get notified.…I don't want them to go to Outlook.…Where does incoming Yammer information…that's not highest priority, but still important,…gain my attention.…And the easiest way to do that is to add…the Yammer Desktop Notifier to your mix.…You wouldn't do this on a public computer,…and if you use seven or eight computers,…you won't do it there either,…but if you have a primary computer that you use,…that's what this is made for.…
To add, let's go to the App Directory.…At the very end of the course,…we'll be coming back and I'll show you…how to add other apps, but I'm focused…on one and one app only.…In the All Apps section, under Yammer,…these are Yammer-provided apps.…And in this movie, we're going to look…at the Windows Desktop Notifier.…And notice that this is not an option…if you're using Yammer on a Mac.…This is for Windows.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 35m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.