Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize the group page, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There is a placeholder image…that is put next to the title when a group is created,…but I can add my own image if I wish.…I can also modify the color that's used…and some other attributes.…Let's do the image first.…I'm going to click where it says add image,…and I had someone create a logo for me.…Now, first I'm going to show you the one…that we're not going to use,…because it's really, really big,…and it's the full Landon Hotel logo.…Notice that the colors got picked up,…that's a nice feature,…but this is actually not a good image,…it's way too big,…so we're only seeing part of it.…
What I'd like to do then is click the gear…so that I can go in and choose a new image or avatar,…and I'm going to chose this image,…which is 150 by 151,…150 by 150's a really nice size as opposed to…the size of the last image,…which was over 2,000 pixels wide.…Notice how nicely it fits,…and Yammer has chosen a color that goes along well,…I could choose something a little darker if I wish,…or a gray tone.…
Looks good, let's see what else is here.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.