Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and publish a note, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Notes are like Wiki pages…for you and the members of your group.…Notes can be co-authored, co-edited in the same way…that Word and PowerPoint documents can,…so that two or three or four or up to 12 people…can be working in the same note at the same time.…So it's a great way to capture meeting notes.…And if you're familiar with editing wiki pages…or co-authoring in Microsoft Word,…this is familiar, but it feels even cooler…for some reason that I don't even understand.…
I'm going to click Notes here in the IT Support group…and create a new note.…Now, if we were on the home page,…you don't find that Notes link at the top of the home page.…I would have to go to Files to be able to…access a place to create a note,…but it's front and center for our groups.…I'm going to note that this is a draft…and I'm going to create a list of potential training topics…for Landon North America staff.…
That looks great.…I have some basic editing that I can do,…I can select this text and make it a heading one,…I can set up a bulleted list below that, if I wish,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.