Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create an external group, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There are times that you need to collaborate…with folks who are not already part of your organization,…and that's where Yammer External Groups come to play.…For example, you might have a team that requires…some input from suppliers or vendors.…From a group of customers, perhaps a focus group.…From consultants who don't have email on your domain…and are not part of your Yammer network.…Or subject matter experts of any other type.…
Individuals that you would like to include on more…than a temporary basis.…Simply adding them as a partner…to a conversation isn't sufficient.…You would like them to be part and parcel…of the new group you are creating.…That is why you can create external groups in Yammer.…Let's see how.…When I create groups and look for groups I use these links.…But with external groups there's a link here that says,…"With external groups you can collaborate with people…"from other companies, learn more."…Now you may not have a link like this.…
Because organizations are allowed to opt out of…
AuthorGini von Courter
- How Yammer works
- Joining a Yammer network
- Editing your Yammer profile and turning on notifications
- Using the home feed
- Following people and topics
- Posting messages
- Using Online Now
- Joining Yammer groups
- Participating in conversations
- Polling and praising colleagues
- Collaborating with others using notes
- Sharing Office documents and other files
- Administering a Yammer group
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.